Roles allow you to control the level of access that your employees have in Breadcrumb. You can learn more about the definition of roles, and view sample roles here.
To Create a Role
- Login to Breadcrumb HQ or pin into the Breadcrumb PRO App
- Click on Users (HQ), or select the Employees (App)
- Click on Roles
- Click Add and wait for the Add Role menu to appear.
- Click on Done to create a new Role
From the drop-down menu, select a template of an existing role and click Done
- In the Name section, enter the name of the role.
- In the Home Screen section, select the default home screen for the role. This will be the first screen a user sees upon entering a PIN code.
Home/Table: The Admin home screen appears first. This is option is recommended for admins and managers
View/Check: The Checks filter screen appears first. This option is recommend for hostesses placing predominantly To-Go and Delivery orders
List/Quick Serve: The QuickServe screen appears first. This is recommended for bartenders, baristas and food truck users
View/Table: The Table Map appears first. This is recommended for servers and hostesses in a sit-down venues
- In the Menus section, select the menu to display for this role.
- In the General Permissions section, select or de-select what permissions members of this role have in Breadcrumb.
Creating and Editing Check: This area manages the ability to create, view and edit checks
Payment & Tips: This area manages the ability to access cash, tips, and the autograt feature
Check Functions: This area manages the ability to re-open, transfer, and split checks
Supervisory Functions: This area manages the ability to approve voids/comps, close the trading day, run Checkout Reports and view/edit Timesheets for all users
- In the Breadcrumb HQ Access section, select or de-select what members of this role have access to in the administrative Website. All users with HQ access require a username and password to access the Admin backend.
Users: Create and manage users who can access the Breadcrumb application
Menus: Create and manage menus that are used in the Breadcrumb application
Reports: View and print sales, cash drawer and credit card authorization reports
Notes: Create and send staff notes to the Home screen of the Breadcrumb application
Settings: Manage table layout, printers and printer groups, void/comp reasons, tax and general account settings.
- In the Timesheets section, select or de-select what members of this role are allowed to do in Breadcrumb: Clock In and Out, Declare tips when clocking out (requires users to enter in total tips), View their own Checkout Report, View and Edit Timesheets for all users.
- In the Pin Out section, define the number of seconds for the PIN screen to appear when members of that role are logged in and inactive within Breadcrumb. The default is 60 seconds of inactivity until the PIN screen appears.
- Click Save.