Display Groups are what create the menu tabs visible to users on the app. They appear as horizontal tabs in the ordering view. After you create a display group group, you apply it to a menu or another display group, and then you create and apply items to each Display group.
To Create a Display Group
- Login to Breadcrumb HQ or pin into the Breadcrumb App
- Click “Menus”
- Click "Display Groups"
- Click "Create Display Group"
- Type a name for the group, such as Appetizers, in the Name field
- Click Assign Item to add one or more items to the group.
- Click Assign Sub-Display Groups to nest one item group inside of another (a common example is nesting “Vodka” inside of “Liquor”
- Tap and drag the handles of Items and Display Groups to arrange their order in the application. Click the A-Z button to alphabetize your items. You can preview from the “Preview” button
- Click Save
- Either add the display group onto the menu, or add the display group into another group.
*NOTE: Display groups must either be added directly onto the menu from the “Menu” tab, or be added into another dispay group already inserted into the menu in order to be visible to app users.
To Arrange a Display Group to a Menu
- Create an Display Group as described above
- Click Menus on the left navigation bar
- In Menus, select a menu where you want the group applied
- In the selected menu, click Add Display Groups
- Locate and select the section that you want to apply
- Click Done
- Tap and drag the handles of Display Groups to arrange their order in the application
- Click Save