CONFIRM YOUR CABLE OR DSL MODEM IS ACTIVE
Your modem is provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), such as Comcast or Time Warner. Ensure that the device is powered on and activated with your ISP.
CONNECT YOUR ROUTER TO POWER YOUR NETWORK
- Plug the Meraki MX64W ROUTER into a power outlet using the black power cable.
- Connect the ROUTER to your MODEM using an ethernet cable.
- One end of the ethernet cable will connect into the internet port on the back of the ROUTER.
- The other end will connect to any available ethernet port on the back of the modem.
- When properly connected, the ROUTER will display a solid white light.
CONNECT YOUR SWITCH TO THE NETWORK
- Plug the SWITCH into a power outlet using the black power cable.
- Connect the SWITCH to your ROUTER using an ethernet cable.
- Use any of your ROUTER’s ethernet ports, labeled 1-4, and use any available ethernet port on the SWITCH.
CONNECT YOUR ACCESS POINT TO THE NETWORK.
- The ACCESS POINT extends the reach of your ROUTER, delivering stronger Wi-Fi coverage in areas where your router signal may be weaker. Place your access point in areas with weak Wi-Fi coverage.
- Plug the Meraki MR18 ACCESS POINT into a power outlet using the black power cable.
- The power cable is packaged separately in a small, white box.
- Connect the ACCESS POINT to your ROUTER using an ethernet cable.
- If there are no ethernet ports available, disconnect any old, unused devices or low priority devices. You will be able to connect them to the ROUTER instead.
- If the devices do not display a white light after 10 minutes, please email the Activations Team at email@example.com
PLACE YOUR TERMINALS
- Unbox your pre-assembled TERMINALS (iPad, stand, card reader) and place them in their designated locations.
- Plug in the TERMINALS using the micro-USB power cable and white iPad 12 watt power brick.
- The iPad power brick can be found inside the iPad box.
NOTE: You must use the accompanying micro-USB power cable and white iPad 12 watt power brick. Any generic alternatives may not charge your terminal effectively.
CONNECT YOUR RECEIPT PRINTER TO THE NETWORK
- Plug the Citizen RECEIPT PRINTER into a power outlet using the black power cable.
- To load paper into your RECEIPT PRINTER, open the top of the device and insert the roll, paper feeding from the bottom.
- Connect the RECEIPT PRINTER to the ROUTER or SWITCH using an ethernet cable.
- If your lines are wired through walls, or if the ethernet cable doesn’t extend far enough, you may need an IT professional or low voltage electrician to assist in tracing any existing ethernet lines or to install new lines.
CONNECT YOUR CASH DRAWER TO YOUR RECEIPT PRINTER
- Your cash drawer cable is located underneath your CASH DRAWER in the box.
- Connect the cash drawer cable from the cable port on the back of the CASH DRAWER to the RECEIPT PRINTER phone port (labeled “DK”).
- Check the orientation to make sure the end of the cash drawer cable labeled “to cash drawer” is plugged into the CASH DRAWER.
- Take the key from the underside of the CASH DRAWER and store it in a safe place.
CONNECT YOUR KITCHEN PRINTER TO THE NETWORK
- Plug the Epson U220B KITCHEN PRINTER into a power outlet using the black power cable.
- The KITCHEN PRINTER will require the use of an ink ribbon.
- Insert the ribbon by lifting the front panel of the printer and snapping it into place.
- The wheel on the cartridge should be facing up and to the right, with the ribbon slipping in snugly behind the metallic block.
Contact Activations to Complete the Setup
Allow at least 30 minutes
CALL THE ACTIVATIONS TEAM.
- Please power up all devices before calling to complete your setup and activate your account.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 514-4644, Monday–Friday, to initiate the process.
To ensure availability, we recommend scheduling this appointment in advance.
You have set up your hardware.
For iPads Not Purchased Through the Breadcrumb Store:
Connect your iPad to the POS wireless network
1. From your iPad, tap the Settings icon and then tap Wi-Fi.
2. On the list of available networks, tap “[your venue’s name] POS”.
3. A checkmark will appear next to your network name when you are connected.
Download the latest version of Breadcrumb Pro and log in.
1. Open the App Store app.
2. In the search bar in the top right corner, type Breadcrumb Pro.
3. Select the app by tapping Get and then Install.
4. Once installed, open the app and log in with your HQ email and password.