Mandatory tips, or Automatic gratuity, is a feature that automatically calculates and applies a tip to a customer's check.
- Login to Breadcrumb HQ and navigate to Settings
- Scroll to the Automatic Gratuity section of the page.
- Check "This venue applies a mandatory gratuity for large groups"
- Enter the automatic tip amount
- Set Minimum guest count. This can be 1 if you want to apply automatic gratuity to all parties.
- Some states and municipalities require that you collect tax on automatically added gratuities. If you need to add tax to this charge, select the applicable tax rate from the "Set a tax rate" drop down. Leave empty if you do not wish to add tax on this charge.
Related: See the article on Service Fees.
Related: Learn more about tip settings.