How do I enable overtime?
- From the Settings tab on HQ or System Settings on the home screen of the app, click on Overtime on the left.
- Toggle on all of the relevant overtime rules that apply to your business based on state regulations.
What does each Overtime rule mean?
- Daily Overtime – Employees receive 1.5x their base pay rate for time worked over 8 hours in a single trading day. Applies to states such as California and Nevada.
- Double Daily Overtime – Employees receive 2.0x their base pay rate for time worked over 12 hours in a single trading day. Applies to California.
- Weekly Overtime – Employees receive 1.5x their base pay rate for time worked over 40 regular hours in a workweek. Customize when your workweek begins by selecting a day of week from the dropdown menu Applies to all states based on Federal regulation
- Consecutive Days Overtime – Employees working their 7th consecutive day in a given workweek receive 1.5x their base pay for all time worked up to 8 hours and 2.0x their base pay after 8 hours worked. Apples to California.
- Spread of Hours Rules – Employees that work over 10 hours in a day will receive bonus pay equivalent to 1 hour of minimum wage. Applies to New York.
Please consult with a qualified legal and/or financial expert before making changes to any settings. Breadcrumb's overtime calculations are meant as guidance only. Breadcrumb is not responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations.
Where can I see the total breakdown of these hours worked?
Go to the Labor Report to view the breakdown of hours worked and total wages as a result of the impact of the overtime settings selected. Columns will be added for Regular Hours, 1.5x Hours, 2.0x Hours, and Bonus Hour Pay depending on what settings are active.